Your 2024 Garden

I'm going to post this in a few threads, and hopefully SOMEONE will have the answer.

We have an IBC tote with about 200 gallons of water in it by the heavy soil garden that is too far from the house to run a hose. Hubby ordered a fitting with a garden hose connection that should have screwed onto the outlet, making it easy to water the garden.

The fitting is slightly too small, he said. I took the cap that goes over the outlet and the fitting to a hardware store. I told them I need a fitting like what my husband bought, with threads like the cap.

No such thing.

The IBC was given to us, so I can't go back to where I got it. It says "NAIBC" on it.

Are there different sizes of outlet threads? Hubby said the fitting was slightly too small. It came with two pieces, one coarse thread, one fine. Our tote has fine threads.
@Sally PB , I found this article, "Guide to Determining IBC Tote Thread Size". Maybe it'll help.

https://www.jmesales.com/ibc-tote-thread-types/

I'm going to post this in a few threads, and hopefully SOMEONE will have the answer.

We have an IBC tote with about 200 gallons of water in it by the heavy soil garden that is too far from the house to run a hose. Hubby ordered a fitting with a garden hose connection that should have screwed onto the outlet, making it easy to water the garden.

The fitting is slightly too small, he said. I took the cap that goes over the outlet and the fitting to a hardware store. I told them I need a fitting like what my husband bought, with threads like the cap.

No such thing.

The IBC was given to us, so I can't go back to where I got it. It says "NAIBC" on it.

Are there different sizes of outlet threads? Hubby said the fitting was slightly too small. It came with two pieces, one coarse thread, one fine. Our tote has fine threads.
Would maybe wrapping the threads with pipe tape help fill the difference? If needed add a bit of caulk? Or plumbers putty?

Yesterday I ran another row of trellising on the tomatoes. I had to stand on a milk crate this time. That will be as high as I trellis. Any taller they will flop over and keep going. I'm only 5 ft tall! :lol:
20240531_102031.jpg

You can see in the photo my potato foliage is dying back. Will be digging these soon. I was curious what they looked like so I turned 1 shovel of soil and these popped up. Yay! Taters!
Red Norland
20240531_123720.jpg

Back
Top Bottom