Cheap Temporary Coop lots of large pictures.

tazcat70

I must be crazy!
13 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Kansas
My Coop
My Coop
Free dog house (actually an old rabbit hutch)

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

Pulled off rotting board and added new 2x4 and a 2x6 (the 2x6 is because the upper frame was rotting for about an inch and so I had to cut part of it off too. So it is for support.)

IMG_5497.jpg

This piece of wood came from some cabinets that my husband pulled out of an old house on a side job. I pulled off the lattice and used it for a ladder up to the roost.

IMG_5498.jpg

IMG_5499.jpg

Another piece of the cabinet.

IMG_5500.jpg

Makes a GREAT, cleanable floor...

IMG_5501.jpg

Closed one hole and made a door with the other.

IMG_5502.jpg

IMG_5505.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

The screen on top and the carpet are to help with sprinkling and shade.

I closed it up before I got a good picture of the roost. I will be painting it and adding a REAL run. But for now they are so happy to be outside. And my family is thrilled that I will be able to do laundry again. (their brooder was sitting on the washer)

Total cost: Nothing but time and a little sweat. Maybe some blood from a splinter or two....But those I can afford.
big_smile.png

Tonya

That's a great little coop! What a brilliant choice on flooring material. Easy to clean and won't be damaged by moisture. I hope you post again after you get it painted. I bet your chicks are really happy to get some time outside. Good job!

You should put your photos on your personal page, if you haven't done it, yet. I think it would help people see how they could turn used dog houses and hutches into really great little coops. Some people didn't get the fixer-upper gene and need a little more inspiration, along with a few how-to photos.
wink.png

Thank you both!!! My husband frown when he saw it...But I just SMILED. I will get it painted soon hopefully. When I do I will update pictures.

Tonya

Well, it's not quite finished yet. I bet he'll like it when it's all done. Besides, he should be grateful he didn't have to do any of the work!
lol.png

Wonderful Job, I recycle alot.
Put a fresh coat of paint on that and it will be cute as a button.

I have been know to dumpster dive at a couple work sites. No since filling up our
land fills with usable things.

Thank you all.

Yes it is a dog kennel. I put plastic poultry wire around most of it. (To keep the kitty from grabbing a chick)

Well my husband kept dawdling. He couldn't figure out what the rush was. I think now he is happy that I did it. But hopefully he knows he is not off the hook. He WILL be helping with the big one.
big_smile.png

Tonya

Back
Top Bottom