Abundance of eggs & selling them

It varies by state, and it is intended to be onerous. Some of those rules are for reason of food safety (rightly or wrongly), like the three compartment sink - an almost essential requirement here in the US for any food service/prep. SO much so that in Florida, anyone managing a food service (one must be or premises any time the business is open) is required to have a Florida Food Handler's License. Part of the test for that license includes a question about what water goes in each sink.

Other rules are less clearly food safety oriented, and may have been erected as a barrier to competition.

Moreover, if you are doing all those things, you likely want to consider forming an LLC to protect personal assets from claims against the business - more paperwork, more complex taxes, more costs. Likely quarterly reporting and annual renewal of the corporation, plus its own tax records.

I did those things here in FL. It wasn't worth it, let my license expire and dissolved the business.

I wish you luck, and encourage you to sit down and do the math. Generally, US law is hostile to "cottage business" below a certain size, PARTICULARLY where food and food products are involved.
Yes I believe you understand where I’m at with this. 😖.

Back
Top Bottom