Advice needed.

Yup. @Lacy Duckwing said that one was a Buff Brahma. Let's see what she thinks about yours.
A Buff Brahma would have feathered feet and a pea comb.

I can't see the feet in the first photo of this thread, and it's hard to tell combs on tiny chicks (I'm fairly sure it is either single or pea, but which one can make a big difference when determining breed.)

I think I see extra-puffy cheeks (muff/beard), which would be wrong for a Brahma of any color.

Also, this is a longshot, but here is one of the extras. I can’t tell what breed it is, but it’s the only one in my brooder like it. Is there anyway of knowing what breed it is?
Sometimes the breed will be obvious even when the chick is so young, but other times you have to wait for it to grow up a bit more.

Can you get a photo of the feet? A few breeds have an extra toe on each foot, some breeds have feathers on their feet, and the color of the feet can sometimes help identify breeds as well. Then we put all that information together with the color and the comb type and whether it has extra-puffy cheeks or a crest on the head, and hopefully we have an answer :D

I can't see the feet in the first photo of this thread, and it's hard to tell combs on tiny chicks (I'm fairly sure it is either single or pea, but which one can make a big difference when determining breed.)

I think I see extra-puffy cheeks (muff/beard), which would be wrong for a Brahma of any color.

Sometimes the breed will be obvious even when the chick is so young, but other times you have to wait for it to grow up a bit more.

Can you get a photo of the feet? A few breeds have an extra toe on each foot, some breeds have feathers on their feet, and the color of the feet can sometimes help identify breeds as well. Then we put all that information together with the color and the comb type and whether it has extra-puffy cheeks or a crest on the head, and hopefully we have an answer :D

Sure. I can get extra photos. Give me a while to get them, I had a major sprinkler break just now and I need to fix it.

IMG_3051.jpeg

IMG_3052.jpeg

OK, here’s better pictures.

IMG_3076.jpeg

IMG_3077.jpeg

It is an Easter Egger (TSC labels as Ameraucana). All the extras are most likely males as most extras are. (Getting extras are actually saving their lives from the hatchery having to cull them. ;) )

When they're old enough to be without a heat sorce, try posting them in your State thread here: Idaho

I typically rehome my roosters on Craigslist. If you need help knowing how to post on there, check this article out here: How To Post On Craigslist

That looks like an Easter Egger to me.
Pea comb, muff/beard, and dark feet are all common in Easter Eggers, but not in most other breeds. (Purebred Ameraucanas would have those traits too, but they tend to be expensive and not very common, so much less likely to be put in your box as extras.)

Back
Top Bottom