All advice for raising ducklings please

So the humidity in that incubator was still 80 so he wasn't drying. Think he may also be a bit oily and one spot has membrane stuck. But I have chicks hatching in my other incubator so I moved the duckling over there with the single chick that has hatched so far since humidity is lower and he won't be lonely.

Once he dries if he is still crusty should I do anything or wait??

He is absolutely NUTS!!!!! RUNS at warp speed from one side of the incubator to the other, jumps all over. The most active one right after hatch that is for sure!!! And he was the tie breaker on colors and is almost all black with a bit of yellow under his chin and his belly. Bill and legs are pure black as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20240508_170505519.jpg
    IMG_20240508_170505519.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240508_170521119_MP.jpg
    IMG_20240508_170521119_MP.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 4
So the humidity in that incubator was still 80 so he wasn't drying. Think he may also be a bit oily and one spot has membrane stuck. But I have chicks hatching in my other incubator so I moved the duckling over there with the single chick that has hatched so far since humidity is lower and he won't be lonely.

Once he dries if he is still crusty should I do anything or wait??

He is absolutely NUTS!!!!! RUNS at warp speed from one side of the incubator to the other, jumps all over. The most active one right after hatch that is for sure!!! And he was the tie breaker on colors and is almost all black with a bit of yellow under his chin and his belly. Bill and legs are pure black as well.
My one that was all gooey got washed off in warm water under the faucet in my bathroom sink. They say never to do this but I put him under the light in the brooder right afterwards and he was just fine. Sometimes you can get by with breaking all logic and other times you cannot so I will leave this up to you.

My one that was all gooey got washed off in warm water under the faucet in my bathroom sink. They say never to do this but I put him under the light in the brooder right afterwards and he was just fine. Sometimes you can get by with breaking all logic and other times you cannot so I will leave this up to you.
I have don't it with chicks then I put them back in the incubator to dry off and warm up. Wasn't sure if ducklings were different

Back
Top Bottom