Ameracauna Roo or hen?

I see why you can't decide!

The darker color in the wings is making me think male.
But the comb is so small and pale that I would call it a female, given that the bird is already 10-11 weeks old.

Unless it starts crowing, I would probably keep waiting to be sure, but I think there is a chance of that chick being a female with confusing feather color.

Agreed. The feather colors are saying male but the comb color and feather shapes says maybe not. It should be more apparent in another week or three, but you might just have to wait on an egg or a crow.
Agreed

I see why you can't decide!

The darker color in the wings is making me think male.
But the comb is so small and pale that I would call it a female, given that the bird is already 10-11 weeks old.

Unless it starts crowing, I would probably keep waiting to be sure, but I think there is a chance of that chick being a female with confusing feather color.
So, she actually does have a very red comb and face compared to the other two her age. Here are more pics. It’s just a small comb. I know time will tell!

Attachments

• IMG_6457.jpeg
    IMG_6457.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6458.jpeg
    IMG_6458.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6459.jpeg
    IMG_6459.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 3
I'm thinking pullet. The red doesn't really seem like cockerel coloration, I think it's just her feather color there. The rest of her feathers aren't patchy at all, she's got nice even coloring.

I agree, the comb does look much more red in those photos.

I also agree that "time will tell," which is good because apparently none of us can tell yet!
😂 Truthfully, I wouldn’t be too upset if she were a rooster. She’s such a spaz! She will totally snuggle if it’s on her terms. But if you try and get near her on your terms, she literally loses her mind. She’s always been that way. Kinda wacko compared to any other chick I’ve had!

Back
Top Bottom