Ameraucana cockerel 16 weeks needs a new home (Boise, ID)

HamAndEgg

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2019
BYC is not responsible for transactions outside the BST area of the forum. All swaps are at the swappers risk and in no way will the Staff be involved in disputes. All disputes should be handled privately as per BYC Rules. No feedback and no feedback threads are allowed in these swaps. Do not report issues with the swaps using the report button. Please resolve all issues privately with your swap partner and/or the the swap originator. BYC discourages all transactions outside the regular BST area. Non monetary swap transactions are only allowed in this forum and only in a Swap thread. You must be 18 or over to participate in any swap, trade or any other transaction on BYC. All BYC Rules apply.

Hello. I have one Ameraucana cockerel who just found his voice this morning and need to be re-homed. He is now 16 week old (hatched on 4/4). I live in Boise, ID 83702. We are not allowed to have a rooster in the city limit. We got him as a possible pullet from Spring Leaf Farm in Spokane, WA. Please let me know if you would like additional pictures or have questions. Thank you!

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190726140226965_COVER.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190726140224271.jpg
IMG_20190803_195853.jpg

If he hadn't started crowing, would you still think he was a pullet? Can someone point out to me how I can identify this chicken as a cockerel? He does look kind of "cocky" but I don't see a particularly red comb, or pointed hackle feathers or saddle feathers.

If he hadn't started crowing, would you still think he was a pullet? Can someone point out to me how I can identify this chicken as a cockerel? He does look kind of "cocky" but I don't see a particularly red comb, or pointed hackle feathers or saddle feathers.

This is my first time keeping chickens. So, when he looks a little taller than the rest of the pullets, I started a thread to get help from others here. One of the replies pointed out the hackle feather and another pointed out the saddle feather.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ameraucana-roo-or-pullet-15-weeks.1324459/.

Also, I parted the feathers near the saddle area and see some that are coming in pointy. His legs are so much thicker than my other pullets as well. I was in denial for a while. Even after he crowed, I was like "some hens crow, right?" and was hoping I could keep him!
IMG_20190731_210307.jpg

Back
Top Bottom