Anyone making Holiday greeting cards?

MANY years ago I gave it go and made my own greeting cards, it was fun. Ink/Pointilism with watercolor for the berries and leaves.

20201005_071410.jpg

Looking online today at ideas for DIY greeting cards, and saw this one
IMG_3241.jpeg
But speaking of cats, our daughter made this pop-up card for Dad’s birthday this year
FullSizeRender.jpeg IMG_6387.jpeg
I’m thinking our Christmas cards will likely include cats AND washi tape….

I was at the antique/flea mall today, and got these nice cards for $4 each. I suppose the maker bought the components and assembled them. It gave me the idea of cutting up old cards and putting together for new. We may do a combo of ideas. IMG_6391.jpeg

I'd like to do some quilled cards this year. I tried quilling for the first time last summer after seeing some cute greeting cards at a shop. It's really fun to do; I don't use any of the fancy stuff, I just cut out the paper myself and use a toothpick to roll it.
Maybe something like these:
1700939586528.png
1700939627711.png

This is one I just made for my sister, using a cartoon I thought she’d like. Using a greeting card template on Pages, I printed it on card stock. I added washi tape and a ribbon, and cut one edge w pinking shears. Second attempt—I had to redo it to fit the available envelope.
IMG_6455.jpeg

This is a sidewalk chalk drawing I made for my cousin, I photographed it and used it in the card template waiting to be printed when I get more card stock. IMG_3324.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom