Auto door opening in the middle of the night.

YogaMom

Chirping
May 7, 2021
I have an Omlet door and since The fall of 2021 we didn't have any issues. I use the timer function and always have. About two hours after my 3 girls were in and the door was closed I heard squawking. My brahma was down on the ground with blood on her comb and a chipped beak. The omeet door opened itself at some point. I thought maybe it was a fluke and because the battery level was 30% .
Today I put in new batteries, watch the chickens go in and watched the door closed. I checked and kept checking as I was concerned it would open somehow again. Once again about 2 hrs after the omlet door was open.
Has anyone ever experienced this? Last night and again tonight we have it now in manual mode, but the entire purpose was the auto option. 😭. I sent an email tonight to Omlet , but I am not sure how to trust even another door.

Last edited:
I loved it as when we are away our pet sitter doesn't have to be at the house right at sunrise nor at sundown. And I didn't have to worry if we were gone the afternoon/evening. They are free rangers in my little yard.

We've had off and on problems with a different brand door. I find it tends to forget what the current time is every time the battery gets low (before the indicator light comes on). It was treating 1900 hours like 700 hours, and vice versa, no matter how many times I reset it.
This last week when we changed the battery it did not seem to regain its senses (opening / closing opposite the time programmed) until I had disconnected and reconnected the battery a half dozen times. So I think a solid flow of power is part of the issue.
Once it worked we're like "Don't touch it"... even though the close time is a half hour early.
When daylight unsavings happens this month it should be a more sensible time... uhh, I think.
When it's working it works. And we don't have to go through gates to get to the furthest pen. Every other coop has manual doors, 2 human sized and 4 my moms pulley system pop doors. The last are my favorite.

Oh gosh I hope they give some guidance. I have an omelet auto door since last summer and I really like it. it even got through the -40c days this winter. Keep us posted! My battery is still around 70% so I'll take extra care when it gets low, maybe it switched to day light or

I have an Omlet door and since The fall of 2021 we didn't have any issues. I use the timer function and always have. About two hours after my 3 girls were in and the door was closed I heard squawking. My brahma was down on the ground with blood on her comb and a chipped beak. The omeet door opened itself at some point. I thought maybe it was a fluke and because the battery level was 30% .
Today I put in new batteries, watch the chickens go in and watched the door closed. I checked and kept checking as I was concerned it would open somehow again. Once again about 2 hrs after the omlet door was open.
Has anyone ever experienced this? Last night and again tonight we have it now in manual mode, but the entire purpose was the auto option. 😭. I sent an email tonight to Omlet , but I am not sure how to trust even another door.
Ok first off, if you disable it, then how are you gonna know if you fixed it? Find a way to make an enclosure as if you were making a run. Something to keep them in and more important keep predators out.

What model is it? Pictures? Does the door freely move when operated manually? Does it have a remote control feature?

Back
Top Bottom