Avian influenza?

Is her crop emptying?
I’ll see tomorrow. But I haven’t been very worried about her crop so much as her breathing. This is the first day in the last few that she has been hungry. Tomorrow will tell how much she’s improving i think.

I’ll see tomorrow. But I haven’t been very worried about her crop so much as her breathing. This is the first day in the last few that she has been hungry. Tomorrow will tell how much she’s improving i think.
Yes, I get that, but if the crop is not emptying, this can affect her breathing.

If she's regularly spitting up when bending over and has some raspy breathing, I'd begin by treating the crop. Treat as Sour and Impacted. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Feel her abdomen for bloat or fluid, sometimes hens can have the symptom fluid which is called Ascites, this can also cause raspy breathing - a few illnesses/conditions that go along with Ascites is organ failure/dysfunction (liver/heart, etc.), reproductive disorders (cancer, eyp, internal laying) and sometimes it's seen with fatty liver disease too.

Yes, I get that, but if the crop is not emptying, this can affect her breathing.
Do you know anything about docusate sodium stool softener for chickens with impacted crops? I have a girl who I think has that and the massage and oil method isn’t working.

Do you know anything about docusate sodium stool softener for chickens with impacted crops? I have a girl who I think has that and the massage and oil method isn’t working.
Is the crop emptying overnight?

Stool softener is mentioned in the article. You can try it to see if it helps soften things up and get things moving. I would not give more than twice, if things are not moving by then, the stool softener is not going to help.

Is the crop emptying overnight?

Stool softener is mentioned in the article. You can try it to see if it helps soften things up and get things moving. I would not give more than twice, if things are not moving by then, the stool softener is not going to help.
The liquid seems to be moving, but the solids won’t budge. Today she had no appetite for the coconut oil either. Not looking good.

Back
Top Bottom