bantam help

farmgirl1991

Cooped Up
12 Years
Aug 4, 2007
my bantam is a mille fleur and hes only one week old he has a watery swollen eye i think its infected i put a warm compress on him what else can i do i have some terramycin and was wondering if i could use that if so how much would i give a bantam thats one weeks old if i cant medicate him is there anything else i can do
sorry to post here but nobody was answering on emergencies this is an ermergencie im worried about the little guy

I can't help you much that way, but thought I'd bring the thread back out into the loop. Hope some with more wisdom can help you out!

hugs.gif

I don't really have any advice either. But I wanted to add that i had an eye infection not long ago, the DR told me to never put warm compresses on eyes. To use cool or cold ones. She said its not good to heat the eye up especially when infected but its best to cool the eye down a degree or 2 to help the cells fix themselves.

Jennifer

Quote:
I whacked myself in the eye several weeks ago with a water Iris stem that I didn't see coming to attack me. Did the cold compress and it was amazingly helpful...2 days later, I couldn't tell that I'd messed my eye up. If it worked that fast for me I can't see why it wouldn't work with chickens.

Dawn

Back
Top Bottom