Best food for a mixed flock?

I wonder if many people actually think to check mill dates on their feed. You brought up a really important point. I’ve heard people talk about how their birds refuse to eat their feed. Well, old feed may very well be a culprit.
It is the first thing I look at, I do the same with food I buy for my household. I can say that all last year and this year so far my mill dates have been within 2 months old. The bag I got a couple weeks ago was milled Jan 5, 2024, that's fresh!

It is the first thing I look at, I do the same with food I buy for my household. I can say that all last year and this year so far my mill dates have been within 2 months old. The bag I got a couple weeks ago was milled Jan 5, 2024, that's fresh!
I’m totally with you on that. It took one time of finding a moldy bag of feed in with all of the good ones, and I started paying very close attention to the dates. Of course the feed store made things right, but they’re not always good with monitoring that themselves. I remember having the back of my truck fully loaded and not even discovering that bag of feed until I had it in my feed building… I smelled it!!

I’m totally with you on that. It took one time of finding a moldy bag of feed in with all of the good ones, and I started paying very close attention to the dates. Of course the feed store made things right, but they’re not always good with monitoring that themselves. I remember having the back of my truck fully loaded and not even discovering that bag of feed until I had it in my feed building… I smelled it!!
I can only imagine the stink, lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom