Black on comb only, frostbite in summer?

Well the doc said I have a healthy hen! He said that the only thing it really looked like to him was mites or frostbite but we live in the same town and he told me it's not cold enough for her to get frostbite. He checked her for mites and she didn't have any. He said she looked healthy so he didn't think there was any disease so I'm hoping this is correct!

Your chicken is a pullet, and she may have some grey discoloration on her face and comb due to rubbing on some rough fencing, or possibly dust bathing in something black (such as wood ash.) Hopefully, you will soon gets some eggs from her. Good luck.

Check your flock at night. There are some mites that only come out at night and feed on the birds. I use a head lamp so I have both of my hands free.

Your chicken is a pullet, and she may have some grey discoloration on her face and comb due to rubbing on some rough fencing, or possibly dust bathing in something black (such as wood ash.) Hopefully, you will soon gets some eggs from her. Good luck.

Thanks! I know that she does scratch her face a lot but I never see anything So I will have to check at night.

Back
Top Bottom