boy or girl

texascorgi

Songster
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
White Deer, Tx
What do you think? I hope the size is not too big.

Img_0627.jpg

Img_0622a.jpg

Here is another one bird that I think is a female but not sure

Img_0619.jpg

Last edited:
How old are they? I really can't say what they might be since I don't have any experience with Barred Rocks, sorry. Nice looking though!

Sexing aside, I LOVE those fluffy feet!!!
love.gif
Is that some kind of Barred Rock Cochin?

Last edited:
I think they are about 7 weeks. I have no idea what they are. We got 30 chicks from the feed store and the guy told us they were brown egg layers and that was all the information we got. Most all have fluffy feet except the one and some of the black ones have fluffy feet. I think they are really cute.

I am curious to see what they turn out to be also. I bought a bunch of "assorted bantams" chicks and have several black and white ones that look just about like these. I am guessing roosters. I have a lot of hens that are showing no sign of waddles so I am assuming the ones with this much "red" are roosters. I hope I am wrong though!

1 question are the top one and the second one the same??
im pretty sure that the top one is a hen, but the other may be a rooster, but i woulden't quote me on that, i hoe this helped good luck

Darn...I was hoping for all hens cause I had not planned on raising chicks. Oh well as long as I don't have too many more turn out to be boys I will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom