BYM Hatching Derby - Hatch-Along

Pics
We need follow up! So next time, before I set 100 eggs, can you swing by and help me cut out a few cockerels? I get attached and don't want to eat them or sell them to a not good home šŸ„ŗ
Okay I've been trying to figure out an easier way to take photos but it ain't gonna happen.

There are birds from 3 hatches in this tractor. I had two cockerels from the previous two hatches but one is missing. He either escaped and got gotten or accidentally gave him to a friendly customer. The two eggs that were supposed to be male are male and I got two more cockerels from the 24 eggs that were supposed to be female.

16 or 17 are left from the dowsed batch. Some quit and 3 females have died so at hatch, out of 19 or 20 chicks, ~20% male and ~80% female. Since two males were intentional, that comes out to ~90% accuracy.

Conclusion, I'm gonna keep doing it, at least for chickens. The ducks rarely fill the incubator in 10 days so I don't usually have an abundance to be choosy from like with the chickens.

4 cockerels and one of the prettiest pullets (they're all pretty)

20240427_123204.jpg
20240427_123216.jpg
20240427_124917.jpg
20240427_124947.jpg
20240427_125138.jpg

Okay I've been trying to figure out an easier way to take photos but it ain't gonna happen.

There are birds from 3 hatches in this tractor. I had two cockerels from the previous two hatches but one is missing. He either escaped and got gotten or accidentally gave him to a friendly customer. The two eggs that were supposed to be male are male and I got two more cockerels from the 24 eggs that were supposed to be female.

16 or 17 are left from the dowsed batch. Some quit and 3 females have died so at hatch, out of 19 or 20 chicks, ~20% male and ~80% female. Since two males were intentional, that comes out to ~90% accuracy.

Conclusion, I'm gonna keep doing it, at least for chickens. The ducks rarely fill the incubator in 10 days so I don't usually have an abundance to be choosy from like with the chickens.

4 cockerels and one of the prettiest pullets (they're all pretty)

View attachment 3813864View attachment 3813865View attachment 3813866View attachment 3813867View attachment 3813871
Oh wow! This is awesome, 80% female šŸ¤Æ

She is a petty girl, thanks for sharing her photo.

Does dowsing work on chicks?

Oh wow! This is awesome, 80% female šŸ¤Æ

She is a petty girl, thanks for sharing her photo.

Does dowsing work on chicks?
šŸ˜
Absolutely, the first step is to test the reaction of the pendulum on yourself and other living, verifiable beings. I may have tested some of the chicks but I don't remember. I've been mostly scrutinizing their physical differences.

I'm pretty certain she is a Cecelia/Well, Sir baby and hopefully will be pretty close to one breeding goal (heterozygous for blue, medium to dark brown, medium to heavy speckling)

Back
Top Bottom