Can my chickens safely eat this baby food?

CozyDia

Chirping
May 4, 2022
SE Texas
Long story short I ended up with a box full of baby food. I thought it was wasteful to toss them away, so I considered giving it to my chickens. Are these safe for my chickens to eat? The baby food is this:

946fea60621cefe322e0041bdaae12f9.png

Can you post a picture of the ingredients
Sure!

This is for the plant-based one:

ORGANIC SWEET POTATO PUREE, WATER, ORGANIC PEAR PUREE, ORGANIC BROWN RICE FLOUR, ORGANIC HYDROLYZED PEA PROTEIN, ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, ORGANIC CANOLA OIL, ORGANIC BLUEBERRY PUREE, ORGANIC KALE PUREE, AND LESS THAN 2% OF ORGANIC RICE PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, VITAMINS AND MINERALS‡, ORGANIC SPICES (CINNAMON, GINGER), SALT

This is for the chicken-based one:

ORGANIC MANGO PUREE, WATER, ORGANIC BUTTERNUT SQUASH PUREE, ORGANIC COOKED DARK MEAT CHICKEN, ORGANIC BROWN RICE FLOUR, ORGANIC HYDROLYZED PEA PROTEIN, ORGANIC BEET PUREE, ORGANIC SPINACH PUREE, AND LESS THAN 2% OF ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, ORGANIC CANOLA OIL, VITAMINS AND MINERALS‡, ORGANIC ROSEMARY, SALT, ORGANIC TURMERIC

I don't believe it's "bad" for them, however it is technically cannibalism. They don't know that though.
I don't feed my birds anything containing chicken, simply for moral reasons. However it would be a shame to waste the food. If you're okay with giving them chicken I'd say go for it, it seems like an overall healthy snack!

Sure!

This is for the plant-based one:

ORGANIC SWEET POTATO PUREE, WATER, ORGANIC PEAR PUREE, ORGANIC BROWN RICE FLOUR, ORGANIC HYDROLYZED PEA PROTEIN, ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, ORGANIC CANOLA OIL, ORGANIC BLUEBERRY PUREE, ORGANIC KALE PUREE, AND LESS THAN 2% OF ORGANIC RICE PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, VITAMINS AND MINERALS‡, ORGANIC SPICES (CINNAMON, GINGER), SALT

This is for the chicken-based one:

ORGANIC MANGO PUREE, WATER, ORGANIC BUTTERNUT SQUASH PUREE, ORGANIC COOKED DARK MEAT CHICKEN, ORGANIC BROWN RICE FLOUR, ORGANIC HYDROLYZED PEA PROTEIN, ORGANIC BEET PUREE, ORGANIC SPINACH PUREE, AND LESS THAN 2% OF ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, ORGANIC CANOLA OIL, VITAMINS AND MINERALS‡, ORGANIC ROSEMARY, SALT, ORGANIC TURMERIC
I would feed this, mixed with as much water as needed to get a crumb-like consistency.

Back
Top Bottom