Can you help Old Henry's feet out?**NEW PHOTOS ON MESSAGE BELOW**

Thank you so much for the help. My coop isn't big enough to section off the 2 roosters (including Henry) and the hens. Is there a feed that would work in this situation? or what is considered a balanced diet for them?

We are going to expand our coop soon. Henry is so old I am scared that separating him would drive him crazy or make him depressed (if a chicken can get depressed...) I put him outside sometimes to eat some grass but he will not eat-- he just stands beside the door wanting to go back to his ladies and they stand beside the fence wanting him to come back in. He is quite the ladies' man...

Any help is appreciated...

oh I know what you mean...I have a roo that is like that...I bring him in regular (even if he isn't a bit under the weather) or when I want to give him some special attention (like doing his feet) ...just for a half hour or so until I see he has eaten to my satisfaction...and I make sure he gets his treats then (actually his "treats" are just super packed nutritional cakes I make, but if the girls are around he will just peck at them to show the girls to come and eat and then stand back and "guard"). So that is what I would suggest... those girls are such pigs!!!

Back
Top Bottom