Cat found baby bunny. What do I do now?

Papayapiechicken

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2022
So I heard some screaming and realized it was a baby bunny that was being attacked by my cat. I picked it up and put it in a cage so that my outdoor cats don’t harm it. I’m not sure how old it is or what to do with it. I already called a wildlife rescue but it’s too late and they are closed. Should I keep it caged until tomorrow or release it. I just don’t want my cats to eat the poor thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    692 KB · Views: 19
So I heard some screaming and realized it was a baby bunny that was being attacked by my cat. I picked it up and put it in a cage so that my outdoor cats don’t harm it. I’m not sure how old it is or what to do with it. I already called a wildlife rescue but it’s too late and they are closed. Should I keep it caged until tomorrow or release it. I just don’t want my cats to eat the poor thing.
Cat saliva is deadly to small mammals, birds, reptiles...etc. So even if it has the tiniest cut or puncture it will need antibiotics.

It would be best to place it in a quiet place away from your other animals for the night, and hand it over to the wildlife rehab in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom