Celmanax?

Rurumo

Songster
Feb 7, 2023
Hi everyone! Celmanax is something I've never heard of before, I noticed it was promoted as an ingredient in one of the two locally milled feeds I have available (lucky!), so I did some research and it turned out to be a proprietary active yeast extract from Arm and Hammer. If you like graphs and data, I found this https://ahfoodchain.com/-/media/spd...anax/collateral/celmanax_cocciss_web_2017.pdf

It appears to have some anti-coccidiosis properties, increases feed conversion, and supposedly can "bind mycotoxins". There are multiple other studies available with similar results for feed conversion. Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it because I love functional ingredients for chickens and this was new to me and didn't show up in a search here. It actually makes me want to start up a Sourdough starter again, and maybe rotate my lacto-fermented feed with Sourdough fermented feed, as both have real benefits and since Sourdough fermentation is arguably faster, easier, and with less feed loss with mash type feeds with very small particles-since you don't have to cover the feed completely with water. (Off topic-I used to make the best no-knead sourdough pizza dough....if you like making pizza at home, get yourself some sourdough starter and a cast iron pizza pan -best crust ever, nothing else compares!).

I think I'll try the chick starter with Celmanax in it this time around if I don't get started on Sourdough by the time they arrive. Does anyone have experience with it?

Back
Top Bottom