Central Texas / Waco Group Meetup Anyone?

NestingMillenial

Songster
Oct 24, 2022
Waco, TX
After posting on the Texas thread, I am realizing that this section of the forum might make more sense for this!

After reading a lot about it, I just finally decided to jump in and get a little flock for my backyard. I have been lurking around here for some time, so I'm happy to have finally joined - Nice to meet you all!
I also happen to work from home, so I'm always looking for occasions to meet new people and I thought a shared interest is a pretty good way to connect. I set up a little group for my fellow local backyard chicken and gardeners of all sorts: https://link.heylo.co/rLcm

This would be centered around Waco (TX) but you don't have to be in Waco itself or to be able to meet on the regular to join. I made this with the intention to be geared toward local stuffs and meeting every now and then, but it's not like one would have to be there in person every single time anyway. The group portal also comes with a little chat platform, so even if you are a bit away from Waco, it could still be a way to be part of a local group that you meet once in a while...

I'm just trying out something here, but I think it would be cool if it works out! :)

I was asked about the link, so let me clarify: the group is hosted by a website called "Heylo" - it's exactly the same as MeetUp (meaning it's a platform to organize groups of people and whatever events they want to have) except Heylo doesn't ask me $12/month to make a group like MeetUp does, and I liked that better ^^ Ahaha

It has an app but you can also just access it online, in-browser (exactly like one would with a MeetUp group) - hope that clarifies it for those who were put off by the unknown name! :)

Hey there!

So we have had a handful of people joining and reaching out, which is great... but it seems that the notifications for the group are not enabled by default on this platform and so a couple of the members are not seeing activity in the group - if you joined us or are planning to, please make sure to click on the "General Conversation" thread, once logged in, and maybe also accept to be notified so you can keep an eye out for this :)

Back
Top Bottom