Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hi guys how are you doing....
i totally forgot about this page haha i didnt have any problems with chickens but i have now🥺
I have one white chicken she i eating and drinking but she i so skinny and i see in her mouth some yellow thing. I tought it was cancer and gave her RONIDAZOLE, but she is the same.
And other one has swollen eye i gave her medicine but it wont go away. I NEED HELP PLISS🙏🏻
I'm sorry you've been having trouble with your birds. Posting a thread in the emergencies forum here is your best bet for getting help. Best of luck to you, and I hope your girls recover.

Hi guys how are you doing....
i totally forgot about this page haha i didnt have any problems with chickens but i have now🥺
I have one white chicken she i eating and drinking but she i so skinny and i see in her mouth some yellow thing. I tought it was cancer and gave her RONIDAZOLE, but she is the same.
And other one has swollen eye i gave her medicine but it wont go away. I NEED HELP PLISS🙏🏻
Sorry you are having problems!
I see @HorseGirlAbby
has referred you to the emergency forum. Good luck with your hens.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello!

I'm still here! Let me tell ya when you live somewhere where summer is only 3 months a year a gal gets busy! We are a week into receiving this years babies and so far everyone has made it!

I do have a question though for anyone on here, I have 6 laying girls that are now a year old, we received 9 new little ladies that we will be transitioning with them. I have never mixed young with old hens and would like to see what you all think of my plan. Along with my 9 youngsters we also have 75 broilers that they are mixed in with. We are hoping by week 4 (once they have their feathers) that we can just put everyone out in the big girl run together and that since there will be so many that nobody will get singled out and bullied by the big hens. I would like to recieve some input on this idea or what you would change. PS here is a shot of a few of them, with my cutest one getting in a good wing stretch!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1
Hello!

I'm still here! Let me tell ya when you live somewhere where summer is only 3 months a year a gal gets busy! We are a week into receiving this years babies and so far everyone has made it!

I do have a question though for anyone on here, I have 6 laying girls that are now a year old, we received 9 new little ladies that we will be transitioning with them. I have never mixed young with old hens and would like to see what you all think of my plan. Along with my 9 youngsters we also have 75 broilers that they are mixed in with. We are hoping by week 4 (once they have their feathers) that we can just put everyone out in the big girl run together and that since there will be so many that nobody will get singled out and bullied by the big hens. I would like to recieve some input on this idea or what you would change. PS here is a shot of a few of them, with my cutest one getting in a good wing stretch!
It is good to see you back!

Generally you want the new flock members to be 75% the size of the old flock.

Luckily you will be adding a lot of new ones which will make the transition easier.

One way to do the integration is to make a temporary pen close to the old flock so that they can get to know each other through the fence. In a couple of months when they are closer in size, add the in with the old flock. Do watch to make sure they do not get hurt though.

Back
Top Bottom