Chemung Co Fair Elmira NY and a a lesson foir even the seasoned shower

aveca

Songster
10 Years
Jun 30, 2009
Waverly, NY
I will be posting pics of the fair this sunday when the birds come home into quarentine with their ribbons . We are very tired and ready to go bed, a long day as we had other fair entries as well as poultry.

There were some very rare breeds represented at this show as well as some old favorites.

some really nice cochins, bantam and regular BIG GUYS, many blues and some whites and some assorted in the cochin group a beautiful big blue won BOB.... turkens (who liked to shred thier ribbons LOL!) A couple of breeds I have honestly never seen befor.

In fact the show had to remove ribbons and a lot of tags from cages and we can pick them up with the birds due to some of the birds were trashing thier ribbons but its a fair so ribbons can just mysteriously walk off on occasion with lots and lots of people walking through the exibit all day.

As for my birds entered

Sebright pullet gwenivere, - 1st place

sebright cockeral - jack sparrow - 1st place

Kind of hard to loose thou when your the only sebrights at the show that wasnt too exciting. He said he really liked the pullet, said she was one of the best sebrights he had seen in a while., wasnt super crazy about the cockeral , he thought he was a little stringly and could be wider, but had a real good comb., I told him I left the best cockeral home due to mini molt recovery.a fantastic pair of hamburgs took the bantam top awards (

Australorps had bigger entry no. still not a lot.
matilda- pullet - 1st place- BOB

Dundee - cockeral- 1st place

never ever accidently ener your birds in the wrong class, you will get DQed and they dont fool around

I have many pics of the birds . In cluding a big bird that was at one time a fighting bird they are now shown mostly. adorable blue wheaten pair ect...I had to ask who got what due to ribbon theft It was a little confusing,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom