Chick with weak legs

Splay legs are *usually* apparent at hatch.. not 3 weeks out.

I've not heard of anyone hobbling a 3 week old chick and seeing improvement, before you.

My *guess* would be the vitamins are working. Your feed routine didn't sound extremely off to really cause a deficiency.. BUT some individuals for whatever genetic reason may require more support than the standard chick.

It's also possible you may be looking at a valgus or varus type or other congenital/hatching deformity.. maybe hold the chick in a manner we can better see what you're describing.

Glad you are seeing some improvement!
Thank you! I'm also getting help from a Facebook group and sent video to the administrator. She recommended the Poultry Cell and then the hobble brace. Yes it's helping! She also recommended the Poultry Cell. I'll attach video of before the hobble brace and you can see her walking and then sitting. I'll also attach video of a day later with the brace. I'd love your input!

How is your chick now? I’m going through the EXACT situation. Started Pouktry Cell yesterday. Was wondering if you gave it in water, directly orally and how much. Anything else?

How is your chick now? I’m going through the EXACT situation. Started Pouktry Cell yesterday. Was wondering if you gave it in water, directly orally and how much. Anything else?
I was told to give her a few drops directly by mouth then after add it to the water. Worked great! She's 10 weeks old now and thriving!

Thank you. So you just gave her the two drops by mouth the once, then normal dose in her water after?

I hope we have the same outcome.

Yes, I'm on a great Facebook chicken care group. I was told to give her 2-3 drops by mouth to start. I put the drops on the tip of her beak. Then add it to the drinking water using the ratios listed on the container. I did do a hobble brace for 2 days, but feel the Poultry Cell did the most.

Thank you!! This gives me hope. I do see a little improvement today. She’s gone from not walking AT ALL to starting to get up and take a few unsteady steps.

Back
Top Bottom