Chicken and strangers

my hens go to the opposite corner,,, my roo goes for anyone that comes in my front yard,,he went after horses the other day
lol.png

my girls dont run they try to attack ANYONE who isnt thier family. they are in a large dog kennel and thank god cause they run and lunge trying to get them. and since there is no roo they figure that they are attack dogs lol. and believe or not my 3 girls are buff orpingtons. they are 6 mon old!! talk about funny

Ours don't seem to be afraid of strangers, but they definitely know me and my DH. They follow me around the yard, because I'm the one who gives them treats. And when DH lounges on the front porch, they jump onto his lap. They show some interest in other people (they might have a treat!), but they aren't as friendly with them. They also know our dogs and cats, and will run away from the neighbors' dogs.

Even our young chicks know the difference. They are used to myself and daughter, always wanting attention from us. My son came over and looked into their brooder and everybody scurried for the corner to get away from the "monster" looking in!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom