Chicken with swollen eyelid, congested sounding breathing and sluggish, please help!

Pics
I’m sorry no one else replied to your thread in the last 2 days. I have been pretty busy, just answering threads here or there. As I said earlier I have no experience with canker or the bleeding from the plaques becoming dislodged. I’m glad the bleeding has stopped. You could resume the ACS if you wish. The poor thing looks worn out. I don’t know if she will get better or if it might be better to have your dad put her down. I would probably put her down because canker is chronic and although she might improve, she will always have it in her body. Let us know how she gets along.

I’m sorry no one else replied to your thread in the last 2 days. I have been pretty busy, just answering threads here or there. As I said earlier I have no experience with canker or the bleeding from the plaques becoming dislodged. I’m glad the bleeding has stopped. You could resume the ACS if you wish. The poor thing looks worn out. I don’t know if she will get better or if it might be better to have your dad put her down. I would probably put her down because canker is chronic and although she might improve, she will always have it in her body. Let us know how she gets along.
No worries, seriously I appreciate all of the help you’ve been with trying to help my chickie girl get better. It’s a very lonely and overwhelming feeling trying to treat a chicken that’s unwell because there are so many different things it could be, everyone’s input here has been very helpful!

I don’t know for sure what the bleeding was from, it has stopped since then. She’s still drinking plenty and yesterday I got a few syringes full of applesauce with probiotics in her mouth a little bit at a time. She seems to really like the applesauce because she’s even picking at it in her bowl on her own, even though she hates stuff sticking to her beak. I’m going to crush up some feed crumbles into a powder and mix it with the applesauce and try to give her some today. She ate some chopped red pepper and apple last night too.

Though I am considering having her put to rest, I’m going to monitor her for a little longer. I’ll keep you updated on her well-being and if I have any questions I’ll post them.

Back
Top Bottom