Chicks eating wood?

ckeene1990

In the Brooder
Jan 17, 2024
We have baby chicks that are 4 days old, They have started to dig and peck. We have them in large wood shavings from tractor supply. I notice them picking up small pieces and I can’t tell is they are eating the wood. They know where their food is and eat from it. Are they eating the wood, is this a problem? These are my first chickens, so it is all new.

We have baby chicks that are 4 days old, They have started to dig and peck. We have them in large wood shavings from tractor supply. I notice them picking up small pieces and I can’t tell is they are eating the wood. They know where their food is and eat from it. Are they eating the wood, is this a problem? These are my first chickens, so it is all new.
I would get them some chick grit to help if they have or are eating little bits. Are all of them eating well out of their feeder? It does help to start them on puppy pads or paper towels until they know what their feed is.

I would get them some chick grit to help if they have or are eating little bits. Are all of them eating well out of their feeder? It does help to start them on puppy pads or paper towels until they know what their feed is.
I have changed to paper towels, they all know where their food is and are all eating out of it.

Back
Top Bottom