Color/Gender help!

StepfordCuckoos

Songster
Mar 20, 2019
Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 12.18.11 PM.png

With this chick, I understand there is no way to know the gender at this point. I'm just curious what color this chick may turn out as? The mom is likely our buff-laced polish and the father is either a silkie or mottled cochin. It has feathered feet- I did not check to if there was an extra toe because mom was freaking out. Just curious what color this one might grow into? There are the lighter spots that are easy to see but then also some lighter spots that are smaller/harder to see.

Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 12.18.17 PM.png

This chick is one that I'm also curious about the coloring for. The mom is either a silkie or gold laced wyandotte (though we don't think it's her because of the egg hatched out of). The father is either a mottled cochin or silkie. Does the dot on top of the head indicate it's a boy?

The dot means nothing. That only works when sexing barred chicks or black sex links, and the dot will always be white.

As for parentage, I suspect both have Silkie mothers and maybe the mottled Cochin as a feather. I would not suspect that coloring coming from a buff laced mother. Anything is possible, though. When they are older it should be easier to tell.

The dot means nothing. That only works when sexing barred chicks or black sex links, and the dot will always be white.

As for parentage, I suspect both have Silkie mothers and maybe the mottled Cochin as a feather. I would not suspect that coloring coming from a buff laced mother. Anything is possible, though. When they are older it should be easier to tell.
Thank you!! We saw the dot and got very worried :th.

Back
Top Bottom