Convincing a friend that her cat is to fat

Did you ever tell her? Also can we see pictures of this cat?
Sorry my response is so late, for some reason the below response didn't post the first time.

Yes! Everything seemed to play in my favor which was very helpful. Kitty is currently on a "strict" feeding program, (not really sure how strict, but some kind of program) and has been for at the last month I will guess.
Lucky, I was able to go over there one day, and she practically brought up the conversation for me. Once we got on the topic of Kitty, she mentioned that her older son (not the most respectful young adult, so he had no problem telling his mom this) had said that Kitty was fat, and looked like she was pregnant. We both laughed at it, and were able to find common ground. I mentioned that I wanted to put my cat on a stricter feeding program to keep her from getting fat, and we were able to put one together for Kitty. I've been weighing her periodically, and I believe she's 12lbs? I was expecting her to be a lot heavier honestly, but she's not a very large cat, so I'm hoping we can get her down to 10 or 8. Slowly but surly. Currently, I believe she's getting 1/4 in the morning, 1/4 in the afternoon. Not sure if she's getting snack or what, because I do see kibble in the bowl when I'm over there. Either snacks or Kitty's just eating it slowly, but I have to doubt that.
I want to weight her again next week, we have some plans to do some baking so I can update then.
I can probably get pictures, I'll see about doing that. I can get you guys an approximate weight as well.

Hello everyone, a friend of ours got a cat about a year ago. She lives very close to us and is a good friend of ours. The only thing is that she leaves the food out 24/7, and her cat is fat. Kitty, also know at Kit cat, Kitty cat and other nicknames is an indoor outdoor cat who used to be a stray. She does a great job on rodent control and is very active. She brings shrews and mice to the door step on a regular basis. Rachel, the friend of ours loves her a lot, and tries to do the best for her, but of course she's failed to realize how fat she is.
I would tell her, but she's really sensitive. She gets offended easily which makes it really hard. Once I dumped some of Kitty's food back into the bag and she got mad. I've tried to just ignore it, but it drives me nuts. Kitty has to be twice as heavy as my cats, (who are fed morning and night rather than free fed).
Any suggestions as to how I can let her know without offending her? Honestly it would save on her food cost but I haven't found a way to get to that point in a conversation.
I was really hoping that the vet would say something when she got her spayed, but I guess she didn't? Our cat was slightly over weight when we brought her in, and they mentioned it to us. I just know it would be an easy fix since Kitty is so active, just don't know how to have that conversation with Rachel. Thanks for any suggestions, your thoughts are very helpful. :)
Well I have six cats and they free feed. Takes the about 3 days to finish bowl I have one cat that is super large about 18 pounds :/ the sad part is she used to be the smallest and infant get her to lose weight anyway I would leave it up to vet. Does she go in for regular checks?

Well I have six cats and they free feed. Takes the about 3 days to finish bowl I have one cat that is super large about 18 pounds :/ the sad part is she used to be the smallest and infant get her to lose weight anyway I would leave it up to vet. Does she go in for regular checks?
Kitty doesn't go in regularly. Rachel doesn't have all the money in the world to spend on the vet. She does good with everything else, got her spayed etc, but check up's are one thing that falls through the cracks.

Kitty doesn't go in regularly. Rachel doesn't have all the money in the world to spend on the vet. She does good with everything else, got her spayed etc, but check up's are one thing that falls through the cracks.
Ok. Usally if there regular there more likely to tell you that's why I wondered

Back
Top Bottom