Crazy commercial egg prices

I refuse to go higher than $3/doz here in PA because of sheer principle and the fact that I have people that need to eat without breaking the bank.
Exactly. My eggs would be wasted otherwise so I sell for $3/ dz to coworkers or friends. I also barter with people in my circle. So many dz eggs for a jar of local honey or homemade maple syrup— makes everyone happy.
Then there’s a few that I will never ever charge. I’m not in this to make money.

I am in NH, and I give mine away. A coworker gave me a package of zebra cakes once that he had, which I did not have the money for at the time. I called it "my first ever payment for eggs", though he says that he just gave them to me. A lot of people are having it rough, so I refuse to charge anything. I get stress relief by having my chickens to care for, and that is all I need to get out of it. ❤️

I'm wondering if the bubble has burst, here in Michigan, or in my area, anyway. When I first started getting eggs, the "cheap" eggs were $1.89/dozen. The highest I saw was a few weeks ago, when they were $5.09. Last week they were back down to $3.29. These are large eggs, with no claim of "cage free" or anything special.

I don't have enough to sell. The nearest Fresh Egg stand was selling for $3, but then went up to $5. My neighbor sells some if she has extra, but I didn't think to ask her price.
Price has been dropping back down here too.
Like most everything else they probably won't fall to what they were but I think around here at least many aren't gonna get rich like they planned a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom