Day 18. Just heard a peep!

Foghorn

Crowing
16 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Connecticut
I am about to add water to the incubator and I thought it would be exciting to see whats going on in the eggs one last time before I close her up for the next 3 days. Would opening and closing the bator to do a candling of 25 eggs be harmful at this point?

Update! I decided not to candle, after I thought about what Cyn had said. It made me nervous. I got all the eggs out and removed the turner. As I was placing them back in , I heard peeping! Is it too soon to hear peeping at day 18? Could they come early?

event.png

Last edited:
I don't know if I'd candle all of them, but if you want a thrill, you may do a couple. You want to keep the temp and humidity as correct as possible at this time. If you're taking out a turner, that alone will cool the bator off alot and let out humidity. I've only candled one egg at that stage and it was awesome, but I wouldnt do an entire group candling myself.

I did, personally. I thought I would make one last attempt to see if anything was still moving, if it had room. Looked good, so I was confident enough that they might hatch.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom