Delaware White egg size? Extra large or Jumbo?

Granny23

Songster
Aug 2, 2021
Fontana, California
Is my 6 mos+ " Mildred" a Delaware White? Should she be laying extra large or jumbo eggs? Someone is laying tiny dark brown eggs. Or is it "Tooter" my 6 mos+ yellow legged RIR?

Attachments

• 20230318_165329.jpg
    20230318_165329.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Define huge, jumbo, and tiny...
...by taking pics of said eggs next to a quarter and/or on a kitchen scale.

When ALL birds begin laying, they lay tiny eggs. Pullet eggs, usually in about a month they are full size. If it is a brown egg- I would expect it to be the RIR. Not sure what color a Delaware lays but I think it is a light brown.

Mrs K

I thought I posted my pictures. Oopps
The bottom egg is my other 2 RIR. The top left is the really dark small brown egg Ive been getting for weeks. The other may be from my barred rock but she doesn't lay much. I read that Delaware white lay brown extra large or jumbo eggs and she is over 6 mos..7 mos actually and I dont think she has laid any.
I do agree the little one is from Tooter my youngest RIR. RIRs are little egg machines!!

Attachments

• 20230320_132031.jpg
    20230320_132031.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 11
I thought I posted my pictures. Oopps

The bottom egg is my other 2 RIR. The top left is the really dark small brown egg Ive been getting for weeks. The other may be from my barred rock but she doesn't lay much. I read that Delaware white lay brown extra large or jumbo eggs and she is over 6 mos..7 mos actually and I dont think she has laid any.
I do agree the little one is from Tooter my youngest RIR. RIRs are little egg machines!!
Looks like typical pullet eggs.
Can take days or weeks or months to get up to their 'normal' size.

Back
Top Bottom