Do ducks kill the lawn?

I have heavy clay soil, so it's a challenge to keep a lawn alive to begin with. I have to block off sections and seed it with duck resistant grass.. which I have yet to find.

My 9 ducks get the backyard every day for 2 hours. They eat the bugs and weeds and fertilize while at it. You have to find the balance between beneficial and destructive. My lawn would look bad, if I gave it to them all day. 2 hours and that is it for my lawn, and it does look good.
I made the mistake as a new duck owner of letting them out on a rainy day.... and our back lawn has areas the water pools so they practically built a trench.... 🤦‍♀️

I remember reading that they'll tear up gardens looking for grubs, will they ruin the lawn as well? Just wondering, because I need to decide how much to encourage mine to play on the lawn.
If water pools up at all they will mud it up. Sometimes not too bad and it can recover but often times if left at it they can do maximum damage in a short timeframe, they're very destruction efficient. They even mud up around their pool if any gets splashed out.

Back
Top Bottom