Do I help the egg hatch?

here is the day 12 egg and I think that's it srry for the horrible pics. Usaully I search for the moving embryo I only did that for 2.

Attachments

• 20240427_173824.jpg
    20240427_173824.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 5
So I did have a look but can’t see to much on those either, I would say your day 9, 11 possibly have something growing but not sure as can’t see good v, there is smal shadow but again can’t see. As others suggested I would collect for few days before setting , you can do staggered hatches but usually with few eggs from one day and I’m moving eggs to my other incubator for lock down if I’m doing so . Also question do eggs coming from your chickens ,how many is there in breeding flock and what is ratio of roosters to hens. Can you send some pictures of your home made incubation, it might be a problem there.And yes those are air cells at he thicker end off egg but you get them even in eating eggs from shop , air cell presence do not suggest fertility of eggs. I honestly would wait till your new incubator arrives to set more eggs.

Last edited:
Srry like I said I didn't take the greatest pictures bc the 11 egg is still alive and embryo is on the move. It looks like a little blob with and eye moving up and down and the others were just rushed pics But Ik your probably right about some. What about the day 12 egg with the vein I'm not going to candle them for a couple of days bc i've been non stop candling bc I absolutely love seeing the embryo body move. Also is it normal to see the veins move when you turn the egg? When the veins start to disappear is that bc the embryo is dead? Ik 4/6 are alive. idk for sure if the other 2 are still alive including the one with the disappearing veins?

So I did have a look but can’t see to much on those either, I would say your day 9, 11 possibly have something growing but not sure as can’t see good v, there is smal shadow but again can’t see. As others suggested I would collect for few days before setting , you can do staggered hatches but usually with few eggs from one day and I’m moving eggs to my other incubator for lock down if I’m doing so . Also question do eggs coming from your chickens ,how many is there in breeding flock and what is ratio of roosters to hens. Can you send some pictures of your home made incubation, it might be a problem there.And yes those are air cells at he thicker end off egg but you get them even in eating eggs from shop , air cell presence do not suggest fertility of eggs. I honestly would wait till your new incubator arrives to set more eggs.
here is a better pic on the day 11

Attachments

• WIN_20240427_10_15_26_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240427_10_15_26_Pro.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
So I did have a look but can’t see to much on those either, I would say your day 9, 11 possibly have something growing but not sure as can’t see good v, there is smal shadow but again can’t see. As others suggested I would collect for few days before setting , you can do staggered hatches but usually with few eggs from one day and I’m moving eggs to my other incubator for lock down if I’m doing so . Also question do eggs coming from your chickens ,how many is there in breeding flock and what is ratio of roosters to hens. Can you send some pictures of your home made incubation, it might be a problem there.And yes those are air cells at he thicker end off egg but you get them even in eating eggs from shop , air cell presence do not suggest fertility of eggs. I honestly would wait till your new incubator arrives to set more
I have a silkie hen and rooster. They've been together since chicks. They are about a month apart. The rooster was with another chicken when it was a baby but in the middle of the night I heard the chicks chirping very loudly. When I went in the room the other chick died it was around day 3 of both the chicks life. From that day the rooster was a inside chick until we found another pure bred silkie. We finally got their coop up and they started breeding when the hen turned 7 months. The first couple of eggs were fertile but seemed to keep dying around day 3. Then this last batch seems to have these embryo alive and healthy. 3 of them all moving with tons of veins. We have another flock of 4 hens but they don't get along with silkies.

Hey one of the eggs that I thought was dead turned out to be alive and was making it's way to the air cell last night. But it's day 21 today. Should I make a tiny hole for it?

Back
Top Bottom