Do your chickens favor you to everyone else?

Chicken_Addict

Songster
12 Years
Apr 21, 2007
Kellyville Oklahoma
My hubby helped me build our coop today and when he helped me move chickens they squawked and squealed!! he was absolutely amazed they let me come up to them and pick them up and cuddle lmao does anyone elses chickens do this? favor one person?

Yes my chickens do favor me the most but I spend more time with them, talk to them and last but not least I bring the grub and treats. They will start squaking when they see or hear me but sometimes don't even pay attention to others.

My mean 'ol Black Sex-Link seems to prefer my company to any other person or bird. She even 'talks' differently to me than anyone else.

My chickens are definately moma's boys, and girls.

The other day, my mother and her DH came out for a BBQ....I had let the chickens out, and they were happily running around chaseing bugs as we had just finished mowing. Well...when the time came to get them back in the pen, my moms DH said...." you will NEVER get them back in there" So I proceeded to tell him...watch and learn. I walked out to the coop area...called...Baaaabies..chick chick. They ALL came running, and followed me right in! He was standing there in AWE....and shook his head and said..." You spend WAY too much time with these darned(changed wording there) chickens!" My chicks love me, because I feed them, and give them treats. My mother was just laughing, and kept saying....look at that....look at that, they follow her like puppies!!

The other day, my mother and her DH came out for a BBQ....I had let the chickens out...

Boy...I had to re-read that one a few times! Now I know why your chickens follow you! They don't wanna end up on the spicket slathered in sauce! lol
lol.png

My chickens perfer me to i have several storie to tell. my one rhode island hen i took to a pet expo to do demonstrations for people that don't live on farms and i have a back up chicken as well so that if one got hot i'd switch but it got so buisy that i needed someone to hold one while i held the other so that every one could get the chance to pet one. so i handed my one my one hen manerva louis (who thinks shes a dog) and she got so upset she was flapping like crazy and pooped on my mom. so when i grabed her she calmed down right away and started cooing. then my standard cochin rooster who is a big man does not like my one friend at all if she trys to touch him, he either bits her or hides his head in my arms. its the strangest thing since it seems all chickens love her but him:) im just loved:)

Back
Top Bottom