dominique bantams

seedcorn

Songster
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
NE. IN
I have wyandotte bantams but no luck in finding new blood or hatching this year and I'm down to a pair. So thinking of getting from Cackle some dominique bantams.

My question does anyone have any experience with the roosters? Wyandottes are VERY gentle and non aggressive. What's the dominiques attitude like? I like the looks of OEG's but I know they like to fight. What I read about cubalayas is the same as OEG's. Any help would be appreciated. I love black cochins but they are too broody for me.

HI I have been considering getting the bantam Doms from cackle too! I used to have the larger ones and LOVE them. My rooster was awesome in many many ways. It was because of him that I so much want more Dominiques. My phoenix take up alot of space so thats why I am considering the bantam version of in my opinion this awesome breed. Let me know if you order some I'd love to see how they turn out.

Have you ever been to mypetchicken.com? They have all sorts of really cool bantams and they are sexed at a day old. Apparently it is the only site on the web that does that with bantams, they usually come straight run. I just ordered 9 girls, 6 bantams and three standards. I was only wanting 3 or 4 chickens but there were too many that I just had to have. They will ship as few as three. There is also a lot of info on their website about the personalities of different breeds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom