Duck keeps flipping over ?

Mrichard0606

Hatching
Apr 23, 2024
Hello my going on 6yo white layer female duck keeps flipping over - it started in October would happen randomly here and there but now the past two weeks it’s constant some days I have to flip her back over like 5-10 times. I think she is molting maybe that’s why? She also stopped laying like 3 years ago and does a penguin stance backing up which I noticed people say that egg binding but I went through that years ago she wasn’t bound up but has just been penguining for years now the feathers on her butt seem to not be water proof the past year. She otherwise acts normal eats drinks everyday. She has limited swimming in our pond has been super wobbly in there and using legs more since molting. Vent looks fine that area in general has looked yellowish for year now but nothing in or coming out of vent.

Maybe some extra niacin to strengthen her legs could help. My older white layers and my pekin all slowing down 8 years old and the Durvet liquid b complex helps them. you can give 1ml a day on a treat like small dish of mealworms. Also adding nutritional yeast to their feed can help.

Back
Top Bottom