Ducklings pipping and big humidity problems

That doesn’t sound like they’re not viable! No beaks in the air cell? Do you see any movement?

That’s where I have no idea what to do. I see no movement at all when I candle them and no beaks in the air sac, but if they are alive I do not want to try to help after losing that one earlier unless I’m sure I know what I’m doing. Such an exhausting experience. I could do the float test with them and see if they move at all, I’ve done that before.

Any update? Sorry I didn’t get a notification. A lot of people recommended not doing the float test.

Any update? Sorry I didn’t get a notification. A lot of people recommended not doing the float test.
Two beautiful ducklings, unfortunately no other eggs made it. There weren’t any signs of life so I pulled back shell on the air sac and still no signs of life. They had all passed 😔

Attachments

• D1E98252-C692-429E-B152-43C247E0C969.jpeg
    D1E98252-C692-429E-B152-43C247E0C969.jpeg
    452.2 KB · Views: 4
Two beautiful ducklings, unfortunately no other eggs made it. There weren’t any signs of life so I pulled back shell on the air sac and still no signs of life. They had all passed 😔
At least two made it! They’re adorable!🤍 I’m sorry for the losses of the others.

I have 9 duck eggs in the incubator. Tuesday was day 28. Our furnace broke in the middle of the night on Monday night and we woke up to humidity at like 49%. Of course I did everything I could to bring it up and then left for work. My husband tried all day and barely had it in the 60s. I got it to 70% by the time I got home. 2 eggs had pipped but only cracks, no holes. Another pipped yesterday morning… but this morning still no progress with any and humidity dropped super low again.
but I suspected shrink wrapping because of the humidity issues and went ahead after reading several threads to try to at least get the cap off of the one that had been pipped for longer now - and sure enough it was definitely shrink wrapped a bit.
I made sure to be in my bathroom with the shower on and it steamy but it’s still chilly in my house (could be why my humidity dropped last night) so I did it quick and made sure the membrane was wet with warm water on a q-tip and put it back into the incubator.

I’m at a loss. No other pips. The one is still tapping but I imagine it’s also on the verge of shrink wrap. Do I help??

My incubator is going in the garbage and I’m getting a new one. Can I save these ones if they’re shrink wrapped and exhausted??
I put a blanket halfway on top of mine and it raises the humidity fast they still have good oxygen since ther half of incubator dont have blanket on.
But im still going through same problem im on day 29 and all have peep mark but haven't hatched since 30 hours I drilled a whole for them so they have access to oxygen

At least two made it! They’re adorable!🤍 I’m sorry for the losses of the others.
Thank you, I’m grateful for the two that made it for sure. Going to use this as a large learning experience. I didn’t do the float test on the others, I haven’t researched it much but I’ve done it once before but will research more!

I put a blanket halfway on top of mine and it raises the humidity fast they still have good oxygen since ther half of incubator dont have blanket on.
But im still going through same problem im on day 29 and all have peep mark but haven't hatched since 30 hours I drilled a whole for them so they have access to oxygen
How did your hatch turn out?? 🙏🏼

Back
Top Bottom