Easter Sausage

pintail_drake2004

Songster
6 Years
Jun 12, 2017
IL
Well, its that time of year again. Easter is just around the corner, so that means it's time to make sausage! Made 32 pounds Monday, smoked it yesterday. Taste as good as it looks!

smoked sausage.jpg

We use natural casings for all our sausages except the summer sausage chubs. My wife is a 1st gen polish girl, so I went direct to the source for a recipe. I'll tell you it is simply a mix of Pork, salt, pepper, fresh garlic, marjoram, and cure #1. Far superior to anything you can buy in the store. Once you start eating/making "real" sausage without any fillers or other crap in it, you'll never go back.

I'm going to make some chicken sausage this weekend. I have everything I'll need: bratwurst size collagen casings, onions, herbs from the garden, meat grinder, sausage tubes. And I got a good deal on chicken thighs @ 69 cents a pound today.

look on Youtube for Nutty Gnome Homestead. They had a delicious rabbit/chicken sausage recipe video posted last year. I've made it a few times and it was good. We used natural casings for them.

Back
Top Bottom