Greasy Noodles - Looking for Recipe

PatS

Songster
10 Years
Mar 28, 2009
Northern Califonia
When I was a kid, my mom made a dish I called greasy noodles. It was chicken and egg noodles and I LOVED it. Alas, when she passed away almost 30 years ago the recipe went with her.
She was not a fabulous cook (love you anyway, Mom!), so I'm sure it was a simple recipe. Do YOU have a favorite "Greasy Noodle" recipe your kids love that you can share with me?

THANKS!!!

You may have to cook your cut up chicken pieces in batches, and it may take a little more oil than the recipe calls for. BUT the chicken will impart a very yummy flavor to the oil, adding the bullion and then using egg noodles just sounds like 50s era cooking to me. I bet it's good. It's a shame when we were young'ins we didn't spend more time at the stove with those that inspired us. My Mom is still with us and she too is no great cook, but aunts, uncles and my mom's dad were really good cooks. My mom's dad invented, patented and made a fortune off of Ice Cream Cake Roll back in the 30s. I think taking trips with my Dad to "The Plant" got me hooked on cooking, seeing the men in the test lab experimenting with breader products and such...

Good luck with this. Any chance an aunt or cousin might have this recipe ??

Remember they didn't have Canola oil 30 years ago so it was most likely butter. My family has a greasy noodle noodle recipe also, involves egg noodle, butter, spag sauce and parm cheese. Not good without the butter. Let us know how it turns out.

When I was a kid, my mom made a dish I called greasy noodles. It was chicken and egg noodles and I LOVED it. Alas, when she passed away almost 30 years ago the recipe went with her.
She was not a fabulous cook (love you anyway, Mom!), so I'm sure it was a simple recipe. Do YOU have a favorite "Greasy Noodle" recipe your kids love that you can share with me?

THANKS!!!
My husband's mom made greasy noodles when he was growing up. She passed away before we met 30 years ago. He always wants them. Did you ever get a recipe for greasy noodles. I would love to make some for him. I have tried over the years to make them but he said hers were different. I would love any advice.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom