Guinea fowl with white wing feathers????

The post was in this forum.  A quick search did not locate the post that I was thinking about but it did show up this post.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1053236/peach-guinea-fowl/20#post_16141131

and that links to an Australian forum that shows an "official" list of the guinea colors in Australia.

The official list of Guinea Fowl Colours in Australia

Pearl

Lavender

Silver

White

Cinnamon (Red and Dark Eyed)

Cream

Brown

Pied - in all above except white of course
Powder Blue - being worked on

Solid Purple - being worked on
NO Black or Mocha

http://www.australianpoultryforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19247

Yep I've seen all of that. The man who apparently has them, his website does not have any clear photos and I have not spoken to anyone who has pushased any birds from him. Plus the "white" birds are $1500, just seems to me like they have put the pricetag on them to deter people who would question the existence of them. Now if you would like a list of birds/colours that can actually be comfirmed with pics and breeders selling them regularly:
Pearl
Lavender
Cinnamon
Silver
Chocolate
Peach, which is chocolate and cinnamon bred
Pied of all varieties

And other colours do not have real evidence of existence.

This year I've started hatching the eggs of my guineas that I got from cackle hatchery last summer. After predator losses over the winter, I was left with a white female paired to a purple male and a lavender make lucky enough top have a lavender female and a pearl female. All the birds have a white wing feather.

The white hen had a separate nest well hidden and quite a ways away from the other nest. I marked her eggs, but I haven't figured out which from the other best are from the lavender hen. Anyway, from the white hen I've hatched pearl and pearl pied. From the other hens I've hatched pearl, pearl pied, and lavender.

The white hen was killed last month so starting with next week's hatch I will be able to know for certain any pearl pied hatched are not hers.

This hatch I am trying to remember to note which eggs hatch lavender as the pearl and lavender hens have distinct speckling patterns and I'll be able to sort them for future hatches.

I have 10 pearl guineas 3 of which have 1 white feather on each wing. It seems I have read something about the pearls with the white wing feathers on this site but if I did I could not find it again. Is there any significance to these white feathers. Thx
I had a few batches of Keets this summer (pearl and chocolate), and three turned out to look like Pearls but had three or four white feathers on their wings. Beautiful birds.

Back
Top Bottom