He wont stop, ABUSING them!

TerrasCritters

In a new coop
12 Years
Oct 24, 2007
Ok, my roosters, I dont think its only one in particular and it seems its my younger silkie roosters, but darn, they wont leave my hen ducks alone! They chase them all over finally catch them jump on top wiggle there butt under the hens butts whole time the duck is quacking and FREAKING out, and I am running over there clapping my hands at them and telling them to STOPPPP Lol Wrong kind!! Rofl:gig

Whats the deal are they confused?! Or just really really, well you know....
barnie.gif

They sound like some other males I know - they'll jump on anything that doesn't or can't run away.

Don't have much advice for you on how to stop them though... do they have enough hens to go around? Are they younger roos that are lower on the pecking order within their own species??

Good luck with it!

Quote:
What are you trying to say Arlee??? Huh? Huh?

Silkie roos are stupid, at least the ones we have had. Eat them. Problem
solved.

:gigYeah, I dont think there is a answer that will help that I dont already know. But maybe there is a suprise lol.

They are young roos 6mos old just starting to crow, theyve got to be confused or my hens are just crabby butts lol

It only happens when i let everyone out to free range, well thats because most of the ducks are kept in a seperate pen, hmm come to think of it, there are ducks kept in the pen with these roos, but they dont mess with these ducks they mess with the others.

ahh such is boys!

Hopefully some of them will be gone here in the next few weeks.

Its funny to read about and watch though, especially ME running all over the back yard chasing after the rooster who is chasing the duck to break them up.
gig.gif

Something told me those were young roosters.

Roos that mature know better than to be so indelicate and that women need wooing and ahem...persuasion, not just fumbling and jumping all around.

Maybe it's all that silkie fuzz around their faces that's keeping them from getting a clear picture of the ladies??

Now, your older roos know better - they know how to treat a lady and those roos are the ones the ladies want to treat in return. Plus they calm down a bit in the testosterone area too.

Wait, we are still talking about chickens here, right??

gig.gif

I had that same problem, young roos chasing the ducks around as well as the hens. I also had a young drake chase a few hens around!!!! As far as i know this has stopped, i think its just an age thing.

Back
Top Bottom