Hello From Iowa

Mrs.Puff :

big_smile.png
Yahoo! Another Iowan!! I live south of you, near Lovilia. So do you live in DSM city limits? Do your neighbors like your birds??

Have you gotten any EE eggs yet? I have one that started laying a few weeks ago, and she lays the purtiest little green eggs. If you have any girls who go broody this spring, you can certainly trade for some hatching eggs from some of us Iowans if you want. Mine are mixed breed, so you probably wouldn't want them!
smile.png

We are about a block out of the "city limits". Our mail still comes as Des Moines though. We went over with our chicks when we first got them and let the neighbors know what was going on. The first question was, are you going to have roosters? Lol. The couple to the right of us were thrilled to know we were going to keep a roo or two, I guess they love the crowing. The older couple to the left of us were ok with it, didn't seem thrilled but havent complained yet.

I don't think we've gotten any EE egg's yet. I'm still not totally convinced she's a EEer (left over feed store chick). We found a tiny red speckled egg the other day... not sure who it came from, but I was thinking her.

We love our Silkies but have really gotten close to our Orps lately. We really lucked out with the birds we have since we are still novices. The s/o want's more Orp hen's, he's been looking at the black Orps lately. I really want a EE so we can have some green eggs. The kids would really get a kick out of that! So we will see. Our limit is 6 birds over the age of 6 months. You can have as many chicks as you like until they hit that mark. What they don't know wont hurt them though, lol.

It's great to see so many Iowan's here! I know where to turn to this spring when we look at more birds!​

Back
Top Bottom