HELP ASAP !!!

there is a product called gro-gel offered by the major hatcheries when they ship...it contains electrlytes and concentrated nutrition... it is very inexpensive and I highly recommend...

I just received my 7 + 1 'spare' chicks a couple weeks ago in the mail. OH to NC and I got them less than 24 hours after they shipped them. They had put a big glob of gel in the box with the chicks, and a heat pad (had to pay an extra $20 shipping for the small order).

The PO called me about 9:30 am to tell me they were here and we had them in the brooder pen, all eating and drinking by 10:30.

I'd order again through the mail in a heartbeat. It was a bit nerve wracking (I had images of me opening the box with the kids standing around and finding dead or seriously stressed chicks) but when we opened the box at the PO, they were so lively a couple tried to hop out of the box.

It was fun too at the PO - everyone in line wanted to see the chickens and they were all surprised - "They ship chicks through the MAIL?"...

Now the hard part is not ordering more - I'm already thinking of ways to expand the coop...
smile.png

:lauWell everything is AOK here. I think maybe the little chick was simply exhausted & taking a well earned nap
lau.gif
I guess they are tougher than we give them credit for. I have them in my greenhouse, out with the tomatoes and in with the chickens. It works out that I don't need the heat light on them during the day, only at night.
Felicity proud owner of 25 chickens, 3 dogs, oh & 1 DH, 2 kids, 4 grandkids.

Back
Top Bottom