HELP FROM ONTARIO FRIENDS Ice storm

tiedyechick

Chirping
Apr 26, 2015
Ontario
As we all are probably aware and dreding there is a huge ice storm predicted with high winds and extended power outages.

I am wondering where in Ontario I can get the 12v battery adaptor for my hova bator 1588 ?
Or any other suggestions how to keep the heat up in an ice storm with a power outage?
Thank you

Consider getting a power inverter. They are available in many stores. Here is a pix of one from Harbor Freight. but there are many other places you can get one from. (auto part store, hardware store, Walmart.)
http://www.harborfreight.com/750-watt-continuous-1500-watt-peak-power-inverter-66817.html
WISHING YOU BEST.
thumbsup.gif

Yes.. that is how an inverter works.. Changes 12 volt automotive battery power to house current 120 volt AC. You can use it to power up anything in your house up to the wattage limit. The larger wattage units will run larger appliances. Please take into consideration that your car battery does not contain infinite amount of POWER. If you run your inverter at full blast, (with car off) don't expect your car to start 10 hours later. I myself have a spare automotive battery that I have for such EMERGENCY PURPOSE. ( I only have a small 400 watt inverter capable to run a radio, or charge up telephones, and such.) When battery discharges, inverter also quits putting out house current as well. If you are using a small wattage device like your hova-bator, the battery will last pretty long.

Yes..  that is how an inverter works..   Changes 12 volt automotive battery power to house current  120 volt AC.     You can use it to power up anything in your house up to the wattage limit.    The larger wattage units will run larger appliances.    Please take into consideration that your car battery does not contain infinite amount of POWER.   If you run your inverter at full blast,  (with car off)  don't expect your car to start 10 hours later.  I myself have a spare automotive battery that I have for such EMERGENCY PURPOSE. ( I only have a small 400 watt inverter capable to run a radio, or charge up telephones, and such.) When battery discharges, inverter also quits putting out house current as well.   If you are using a small wattage device like your  hova-bator, the battery will last pretty long. 
. Thank you. I bought a booster/ power bank think thankful I didn't have to use it and it looks like we are out of the woods for this storm.

Back
Top Bottom