AmourIsAGoose

Hatching
Apr 4, 2024
Hello!

My sister has had a gosling for about a week, and it's housed with the chicks, while they're all the same age. However, there's a problem.

The gosling has begun grabbing at the chicks wings, and pulling, like it's food. The chicks usually end up screaming, but no blood.. yet.
It's also only to the chicks that look like little gosling -- small, pale chicks.

What does this mean?
What's the fix to this issue?

It’s generally not a good idea to raise goslings with chicks as the goslings grow much faster than chicks and bullying is a common result. It’s best to raise goslings with with other goslings.
I would strongly suggest finding another gosling for yours.

Also chick start is pretty bad for goslings and ducklings as it doesn’t have enough B vitamins for waterfowl. A flock raiser type feed is what they need.

It’s generally not a good idea to raise goslings with chicks as the goslings grow much faster than chicks and bullying is a common result. It’s best to raise goslings with with other goslings.
I would strongly suggest finding another gosling for yours.

Also chick start is pretty bad for goslings and ducklings as it doesn’t have enough B vitamins for waterfowl. A flock raiser type feed is what they need.
If chick starter is bad for gosling, is gosling feed in any way bad for chicks? Genuine question 😓

purina flock raiser is fine for chicks too. B vitamins like vitamin C are water soluble so even though there’s more than what a chick requires any excess is easily purged from the body.

Back
Top Bottom