Help with gender

Nessaberg

Chirping
Apr 29, 2023
New here. I am a first time duck mom. I need help identifying gender. The darker runner is female and the pekin seems to be female. The lighter runner and the khaki campbells have me stumped. They are almost 7 weeks old.

Attachments

• 20230423_145650.jpg
    20230423_145650.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230414_153154.jpg
    20230414_153154.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230426_132545.jpg
    20230426_132545.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
I just got this thread and I wanted to share that only my drakes could ever whistle when they were young. Also the rear end of my Kakhi Campbells were dark on my drakes and light on my Hens. I hope that you know by now the sex of yours.

I just got this thread and I wanted to share that only my drakes could ever whistle when they were young. Also the rear end of my Kakhi Campbells were dark on my drakes and light on my Hens. I hope that you know by now the sex of yours.
Thank you, both my KC are male, the pekin is male, and 1 runner male, the other runner is female. I am so bummed. I have found a home for the 2 KC since they are the most aggressive. I have another pekin, a appleyard and 2 magpies that I am waiting for a clear gender id.

Thank you, both my KC are male, the pekin is male, and 1 runner male, the other runner is female. I am so bummed. I have found a home for the 2 KC since they are the most aggressive. I have another pekin, a appleyard and 2 magpies that I am waiting for a clear gender id.
So sorry that you ended up with so many males. I too am concerned about too many males. Both of my Runners are starting to sound alike so they must be possibly males since one has whistled and I have never heard a female whistle before. I know I have possibly 2 males at least with the 3 Mallard ducklings and I pray that the Black Swedish is a female. Darn those males anyhow. You are most welcome my friend.

Back
Top Bottom