help with silkie chicks hatching

onco

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2024
help! my silkies have been incubating. One pipped around 10am yesterday and hatched overnight. I saw it around 4am. It’s now 3:38pm the next day and he is barely moving, still wet/furry, and sleeping. he is breathing but there is barely any movement. i saw him stretch maybe ones or twice but has no been in the same position for a few hours. My incubator is set to 37.5 degrees celcius it’s a smart incubator. one other egg has hatched and it is a lot more active and jumping anround. all the rest have pipped and have holes and are chirping. should i try and save it or leave it? i don’t see it breathing anymore it looks like it passed.

If you have eggs that are pipped and unhatched, I would highly advise not opening the incubator, as that could drop your humidity very quickly and suddenly and dry out the membranes for those chickens making it difficult impossible for them to hatch on their own.

If everyone is out of eggs, and it’s still sluggish, I would give it a couple drops of Nutri-Drench or the like to get it some sugar for energy.

thank you! the chick is still not showing any sides of life. the other one keeps walking over it. is there anything i should do now?

Back
Top Bottom