Pics
Rich, don't you think that is hard on the motor's bearings ? I think I would rather have the weight on one of the pulleys . less costly if a bearing wears out ??
I dump my pails of dirt into my cement mixer after the tomatoes are done. easy to pick out any old roots and weeds after a few minutes of tumpling.
I have thought of making a piece of expanded metal to fit over the mouth of the mixer. then running it with the tub tilted forward so the dirt could rub against the expanded metal cover. I don't think it would work too well if the dirt was too moist.

Jim,, Yes that may be a little hard on the motor bearings,,, but that is of little concern for me. The contraption only needs to work somewhat little time,. Once the 5 yards is done,, I will put unit away.
Everything you see there I made from things I had, and repurposed. I still have a few electric motors from other things laying around,, that I can swap when this one goes.
I thought about making the off-balance portion on a separate arbor (That I do have laying around), belt driven. I just chose the most practical route, (fastest/easiest)
My cost for making this is $$$nothing.
I mostly like tinkering and making things to pass my time enjoyably..:old :thumbsup

Jim,, Yes that may be a little hard on the motor bearings,,, but that is of little concern for me. The contraption only needs to work somewhat little time,. Once the 5 yards is done,, I will put unit away.
Everything you see there I made from things I had, and repurposed. I still have a few electric motors from other things laying around,, that I can swap when this one goes.
I thought about making the off-balance portion on a separate arbor (That I do have laying around), belt driven. I just chose the most practical route, (fastest/easiest)
My cost for making this is $$$nothing.
I mostly like tinkering and making things to pass my time enjoyably..:old :thumbsup
I understand completely.
I like to make things. for instance, I saw a stump vise for sharpening chain saws. right away I figured out I could build one for a fraction of the price, although it will take me hours to put it together . only mine will be mounted on an oak board and be portable .
in the past I have built five whizbang chicken pluckers and sold them.

Back
Top Bottom