How could I help in changing the law of backyard chicken for the city of Lorain Ohio

sunflowergarden

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 11, 2013
I, like many others love backyard urban farming, nothing makes me more happy then to grow my own fruits and vegg. Knowing what goes in to them thru the growing process is quite humbling. I live in the city of Lorain and popularity of backyard gardening and backyard chickens have grown so much so that neighboring cities have adopted the idea of raising backyard chickens .I know that currently the city of Lorain dose not but I am willing to go the extra mile to change that Law. The benefits of having backyard chickens is endless especially for my garden.I wonder how many of you feel they same way. I ask for your support and any pointers to accomplish my goal.

Hello from a fellow Ohioan!
frow.gif

There is a forum section called "Local Chicken Laws and Ordinances" that may be very helpful to you. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them The sticky articles at the top have a lot of great info about how to work on changing the laws in your area. You could also search the forum or post there to see if there is anyone else in Lorain looking to make changes. Good luck!

I'm from Lorain, Ohio too and was disappointed to learn that raising hens was against city ordinances. I don't know much about raising chickens yet, but we are very interested in learning and possibly giving it a try if the laws change. Have you had any luck yet in getting the laws changed?

I, like many others love backyard urban farming, nothing makes me more happy then to grow my own fruits and vegg. Knowing what goes in to them thru the growing process is quite humbling. I live in the city of Lorain and popularity of backyard gardening and backyard chickens have grown so much so that neighboring cities have adopted the idea of raising backyard chickens .I know that currently the city of Lorain dose not but I am willing to go the extra mile to change that Law. The benefits of having backyard chickens is endless especially for my garden.I wonder how many of you feel they same way. I ask for your support and any pointers to accomplish my goal.
Was anything ever changed for Lorain?

I'm from Lorain, Ohio too and was disappointed to learn that raising hens was against city ordinances. I don't know much about raising chickens yet, but we are very interested in learning and possibly giving it a try if the laws change. Have you had any luck yet in getting the laws changed?

Back
Top Bottom