How should you produce solid colored aseel?

fluffycrow

Chasing broodies
Premium Feather Member
Jan 12, 2023
Attica Greece
This is a question I've had for some time now. Not necessarily something that will help me with my upcoming projects, but more of a general question on a topic that I believe will be interesting to explore. As far as I know, the only solid colors on aseel are red, black, white, and golden (sort of). So, if more experienced breeders, or people who would be interested in following along would like to share some insight, please do so, I would like to make this thread a place where we can all learn some things about color genes, how to produce certain colors in aseel, and even if those colors were introduced into the breed at a later time. Hope people find this thread interesting, can't wait to hear what you all have to say!

I’d say black, white, and red are the three basic solid bases.
Black is E/EMl/Ml
White is black with two copies of dominant white or any color with two copies of recessive white.
Red is wheaten with mahogany, Columbian, and dark brown, it’s usually diluted to buff with additional genes.
And to black and red you can add whatever dilutions you want.
You could use blue or chocolate or whatever. An additional solid color that I think would be cool is blue/splash since it could be acquired quite easily obtained from blue Cornish.

Very interesting! I would be curious to know if certain types of aseel favor a particular color, for example Heera aseel tend to be white, Reza black etc

In the old days red trucks were always red and blue trucks were always blue. For some strange reason White trucks came in different colors.

This is a question I've had for some time now. Not necessarily something that will help me with my upcoming projects, but more of a general question on a topic that I believe will be interesting to explore. As far as I know, the only solid colors on aseel are red, black, white, and golden (sort of). So, if more experienced breeders, or people who would be interested in following along would like to share some insight, please do so, I would like to make this thread a place where we can all learn some things about color genes, how to produce certain colors in aseel, and even if those colors were introduced into the breed at a later time. Hope people find this thread interesting, can't wait to hear what you all have to say!
There are 5 major colors in aseel and all other colors are derived from those colors

Back
Top Bottom